Employment Law Overview
A Portland, Oregon, Law Firm Focused on Employment Law
Some law firms take a kitchen sink approach to law: they handle every kind of case that comes along. They will handle a divorce, criminal defense, real estate transaction, lawsuits between neighbors, dog bites, bankruptcies and employee rights, too. While that approach might help their bottom line, it’s not necessarily an approach beneficial to clients who want someone with substantial experience and knowledge of the legal problem they face.
Aaron W. Baker, Attorney at Law, has over 15 years of experience focusing on employment law, giving him the experience you need when facing race, age or gender discrimination, sexual harassment or a decision on whether or not to sign an employment contract or severance agreement. Attorney Baker also successfully helps clients fight retaliatory discharges and unfair work practices including the withholding of overtime pay.
If you need a lawyer who is focused on your employment law concerns, call Aaron W. Baker, Attorney at Law at 503-575-9617 or 866-605-1906 toll-free to see if you qualify for a free initial consultation. You can also contact his office online.
Areas of Practice
- Race discrimination: unlawful, unethical workplace discrimination against an employee based on race
- Sexual harassment: improper sexual advances made on the job; demands for sexual favors in exchange for keeping a job or getting a promotion or raise
- Employment contracts: understand your rights and obligations in an employment contract, severance agreement, non-compete agreement and non-solicit agreement
- Wage Claims: unfair denial or assessment of overtime pay; employees forced to work off the clock
- Retaliatory discharge: an employee improperly terminated after reporting sexual harassment, race discrimination or other forms of improper or illegal workplace behavior
- Discrimination: improper discrimination based on race, gender, age, disability, national origin; discrimination against whistle-blowers; discrimination against employees exercising their rights under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
It’s never easy to stand up to an employer or supervisor creating a hostile work environment with racial, age or gender discrimination or sexual harassment. With an experienced employee rights attorney on your side, you can fight for and find workplace justice, making your career more rewarding than ever.